Lyon Real Estate Collects 11,870 Coats for Those in Need
Winter will be a bit warmer this year for families across the greater Sacramento area, thanks to the generous donations made by Lyon Real Estate’s agents, employees and community members.
Lyon’s annual Coat Drive has collected more than 11,870 new and gently used coats, hats, gloves and other winter essentials since its kickoff Oct. 1. The drive was held throughout the month of October, with donations coming in from agents, employees and community members from each of Lyon’s regional offices in Sacramento, Yolo, Placer and El Dorado counties, as well as its Agent Support Center.
Now in its 11th year, Lyon’s Annual Coat Drive has collected more than 84,646 coats for those in need. The coats will be distributed to members of the community via local non-profit organizations as chosen by each Lyon office, including the following:
- Agent Support Center: Union Gospel Mission, Sacramento
- Auburn: Acres of Hope, Stand Up Placer
- Cameron Park: Green Valley Church
- Davis: 4th and Hope
- Downtown: Sacramento Kindness Campaign, Mustard Seed, Community Against Sexual Harm, My Sister’s House, Loaves & Fishes
- El Dorado Hills: Georgetown Divide Christmas Food Basket
- Elk Grove: Loaves & Fishes, Elk Grove Food Bank
- Fair Oaks: WEAVE, Loaves & Fishes
- Folsom: Powerhouse Ministries in partnership with Lakeside Church
- Land Park/Curtis Park: S.O.U.P. & Sacramento Homeless Union
- Natomas: Family Promise of Sacramento
- Placerville: Aspire Kids
- Roseville: St. Clare’s Parish, Gathering Inn, Bayside Church, Acres of Hope.
- Sierra Oaks: Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services
- West Roseville/Rocklin: Sierra Reach Ministries, Stand Up Placer, Lighthouse Counseling
- Woodland: 4th & Hope
- West Sacramento: Holy Cross Church, St. Vincent De Paul
Although the greater Sacramento is known for its temperate climate, thousands of community members do not have the means to purchase proper clothing needed to stay warm and dry during the winter months. The annual Coat Drive helps raise awareness to help those in need in local communities.