Wall Street Journal Weighs in on Design Trends
All the experts are weighing in on what the hottest trends are going to be this year. From makeup and cocktails to designer dogs and Dutch baby names, the proposed “in lists” are out.
The Wall Street Journal recently tapped the minds of 26 “very opinionated” interior designers for the top five decorating trends of 2016. The results may lean toward the uber chic, trendy, and international, but ideas like these tend to trickle down to attainable accent pieces available at local boutiques and box stores.
- Black Metals (unflashy and ideal for hardware and furnishings)
- Rounded Furniture (gentle angles soften hard materials, e.g., marble tables)
- Old World Ornamentation (traditional and dress, lots of fringe, cording and tassels)
- Mexican Midcentury Modernism (interesting mixtures of wood, metal and stone)
- Scandinavian Flat Weaves (folksy and sophisticated)
- Rosy Metallics
- The Industrial Look
- Oppressive Midcentury Modernism
- Sisal and Jute
Category Home Inspiration
Lyon Real Estate
Ranked the number one brokerage in annual home sales in the greater Sacramento region by the Sacramento Business Journal, Lyon Real Estate has served the area for over 70 years. In 2017, the company closed 7,333 transactions worth a total of $3 billion in sales volume. Lyon Real Estate has 950 agents in 17 offices located throughout the region. The company is a member of the Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, the largest network of premier locally-branded firms, as well as LeadingRE’s Luxury Portfolio International® program. In addition to its real estate services, Lyon Real Estate offers RELO Direct, a global relocation program. For more information about Lyon Real Estate, click to GoLyon.com and follow us on Facebook.com/LyonRealEstate.