The Merry Mantel
Often taken for granted throughout the year, the mantel shines during the holiday season, serving as a shrine for festive décor ranging from nativity scenes and nutcrackers to menorahs and snow globes.
Holiday revelers looking to step up or switch up their seasonal scheme have endless options. An array of heights, textures, and shapes is appealing to the eye. Use any of the following to accent, complement, or create an innovative focal point.
- Pinecones (small to sugar pine)
- Garland (evergreen to gentle white snowflakes)
- Miniature lights
- Vintage lanterns
- Candles (mix and match shapes, sizes, and holders)
- Flowers (anything from poinsettias to burgundy berry picks with white lilies)
- Bulb ornaments (oversized or miniatures to hang on floral or evergreen arrangements)
- Hurricanes (fill with colorful baubles to showcase candles)
- Stars (hanging or standing)
- Candy jars
- Large letters (spell out what’s important to you, Love, Joy, Family)
- Miniature trees