Keeping Homes Germ Free
We may be well into the cold and flu season, but with the frequent holiday shopping trips and an abundance of seasonal gatherings, now is the time to take precautions.
Here are a few tips to keep the germs from finding their way into and lingering in the home.
- Use hand sanitizer after using shopping carts and gas pumps.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Clean the house frequently. Perhaps not as in-depth as weekly or monthly chores, but a quick wipe down, dusting, or mopping every couple days cuts down the opportunity for bacteria and germs to fester.
- Wash bedding.
- Wipe down handles (fridge to front door), keyboards, phones, and remotes.
- Copper elements. If you’re buying any furniture, tables, fixtures, sinks, or countertops in the near future, think copper. The EPA has approved copper (along with brass and bronze) as a bacteria killer. Other surfaces can harbor germs for several days.
- Invest in good air filters.