Keeping Homes Germ Free
We may be well into the cold and flu season, but with the frequent holiday shopping trips and an abundance of seasonal gatherings, now is the time to take precautions.
Here are a few tips to keep the germs from finding their way into and lingering in the home.
- Use hand sanitizer after using shopping carts and gas pumps.
- Wash hands frequently.
- Clean the house frequently. Perhaps not as in-depth as weekly or monthly chores, but a quick wipe down, dusting, or mopping every couple days cuts down the opportunity for bacteria and germs to fester.
- Wash bedding.
- Wipe down handles (fridge to front door), keyboards, phones, and remotes.
- Copper elements. If you’re buying any furniture, tables, fixtures, sinks, or countertops in the near future, think copper. The EPA has approved copper (along with brass and bronze) as a bacteria killer. Other surfaces can harbor germs for several days.
- Invest in good air filters.
Category Real Estate
Lyon Real Estate
Ranked the number one brokerage in annual home sales in the greater Sacramento region by the Sacramento Business Journal, Lyon Real Estate has served the area for over 70 years. In 2017, the company closed 7,333 transactions worth a total of $3 billion in sales volume. Lyon Real Estate has 950 agents in 17 offices located throughout the region. The company is a member of the Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, the largest network of premier locally-branded firms, as well as LeadingRE’s Luxury Portfolio International® program. In addition to its real estate services, Lyon Real Estate offers RELO Direct, a global relocation program. For more information about Lyon Real Estate, click to GoLyon.com and follow us on Facebook.com/LyonRealEstate.