Rooms We Never Knew We Needed
Homes are ever evolving to meet our needs. We went from living rooms, dining rooms, and dens to great rooms, man caves, home offices, and now – the homework room.
Innovative and fun to decorate, these new spaces are becoming more common for families with hectic schedules and limited quiet space. Some creative homeowners have transformed neglected mudrooms, pantries, and those quirky thoroughfare or half bedroom/half office type spaces into an area specifically designed to allow kids to focus. Here are few staples (and variations) to anchor and define these academic oases.
- Desk – But don’t just think desk. Tables, bars, or cabinet type work areas help mix up the humdrum of school desks.
- Lockers – A fun find on Craig’s List, flea markets, or quirky furniture shops.
- Paint – Don’t forget to paint or stencil using invigorating colors, textures, and themes. This should be a room kids enjoy being in.
- Comfortable seating – If room allows, include a comfy recliner or couch, in addition to the work area seating.
- Bulletin Boards
- Magnet Boards
- Containers (pencils, pens, tape, glue)
- Music Stand
Category Real Estate
Lyon Real Estate
Ranked the number one brokerage in annual home sales in the greater Sacramento region by the Sacramento Business Journal, Lyon Real Estate has served the area for over 70 years. In 2017, the company closed 7,333 transactions worth a total of $3 billion in sales volume. Lyon Real Estate has 950 agents in 17 offices located throughout the region. The company is a member of the Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, the largest network of premier locally-branded firms, as well as LeadingRE’s Luxury Portfolio International® program. In addition to its real estate services, Lyon Real Estate offers RELO Direct, a global relocation program. For more information about Lyon Real Estate, click to GoLyon.com and follow us on Facebook.com/LyonRealEstate.