Final Walk Throughs – What to Expect
The walk through- it’s the final step before the deal is officially sealed. This is arranged by your realtor and can take place anywhere from a week to 24 hours before the official close of sale.
This may be the first time a buyer sees the home vacant, so it’s best to prepare for the “unstaged” look. At this point, all major inspections and any negotiations about needed repairs, and the repairs themselves, should be complete. The goal of the final walk through is to make sure the home is in the condition specified in the contract.
Make sure to tour the home with the contract in hand, to help limit any confusion. Here are few things to look for and test:
- Open and close windows and doors (including the garage)
- Turn lights on and off
- Check for any light fixtures, window treatments or hardware that is to be included in the sale
- Turn on the heater and AC
- Test major appliances (washer and drier, disposal)
- Look for unwanted trash
- Flush toilets and run faucets
- Check for completed repairs