Setting a Spring Scene
It’s time to finally shed any heavy holiday or winter décor. Spring is a time of light, airiness, and all things anew. With the change of seasons, particularly spring and fall, designers are out in full force touting all the best design trends to make your home a vernal oasis. Here are a few ideas that keep popping up among the lifestyle and design outlets:
- Accent trim (as opposed to walls). Lighten, brighten, or deepen a room or hallway by painting the crown molding, bannister, doors, or door trim.
- Blues. While marsala was the 2015 Pantone color of the year (and it’s getting its fair share of spring press) blues of all shades are being featured in spring décor.
- Giant terrariums. It’s essentially bringing the outside in. A unique and refreshing idea for color that can easily be placed on bookshelves, or serve as a centerpiece for the coffee or dining room table.
- Open cabinets. If your kitchen lacks clutter, this could give the room an even more open, natural look.
- Shapes. Apparently chevron was a recent trend that’s on its way out. But designers aren’t shrugging off geometrics all together – they’re just embracing more out-of-the-box options.
- Freestanding and/or bear claw tubs. More of a renovation piece than seasonal scheme, but undeniably elegant.
- Beige & Gray. Or a fusion of the two. This turned up more among the top 2015 trends, rather than spring specific. But if you’re looking for a pre-summer painting project, this may be an innovative and versatile, yet safe choice.
Lyon Real Estate
Ranked the number one brokerage in annual home sales in the greater Sacramento region by the Sacramento Business Journal, Lyon Real Estate has served the area for over 70 years. In 2017, the company closed 7,333 transactions worth a total of $3 billion in sales volume. Lyon Real Estate has 950 agents in 17 offices located throughout the region. The company is a member of the Leading Real Estate Companies of the World®, the largest network of premier locally-branded firms, as well as LeadingRE’s Luxury Portfolio International® program. In addition to its real estate services, Lyon Real Estate offers RELO Direct, a global relocation program. For more information about Lyon Real Estate, click to GoLyon.com and follow us on Facebook.com/LyonRealEstate.